these tasty Asparagus - greens in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop: min. 0°C – max. 3°C
- Ethylene sensitivity: high
- Ethylene productivity: low
- At home: keep refrigerated
Asparagus are best consumed as quickly as possible after purchase. It is recommended to keep them in a moist cloth inside the refrigerator. Asparagus will keep for three days up to a week in the fridge and 1 day in a cool place.
Quality and ripeness
- The asparagus have a straight stem and firm, closed buds.
- The bottom should be nice and fresh rather than woody or discoloured.
- When rubbing fresh asparagus together, they should "squeak"
Green asparagus are great for grilling with some sea salt or to be cut and added to a stir-fry without cooking them first. In addition, asparagus are delicious with fish, meat, chicken or salads. Asparagus go well with white wine. Risotto with asparagus and white wine is a great combination.
Preparation of asparagus:
Green asparagus do not require peeling, just remove the woody ends. Boil them with some salt for 5 to 12 minutes, steaming takes 10 to 15 minutes.