these tasty Snowpeass in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop : min. 0°C – 2°C
- Ethylene sensitivity: low
- Ethylene production: low
- At home: refrigerated
Snowpeas will keep for about two to three days in the fridge. They are best kept in a paper bag or an open, perforated plastic bag. Snow peas can also be frozen, but do blanch them for two minutes first.
Quality and ripeness
- Ripe snowpeas are sweet, crispy and thin.
- Fresh snowpeas have a clear green colour and a bright green stem.
Snowpeas can be boiled, steamed and stir-fried. They can be added to salads, stews, stir-fries and risottos. Their delicate taste goes with everything! They are easy to prepare by stir-frying them with chicken, Chinese cabbage, spring onion, onion and soy.
Snowpeas are very easy to prepare. Rinse them with water and remove both tips (top and bottom). When cutting off the tips, you can also remove the fleshy wire located along both sides of the snowpea. Boil or stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes. Rule of thumb: the younger the peas, the shorter their preparation times. When adding snowpeas to a salad or oven dish, blanch them for one minute so that they retain their firmness.
Recipe: Spicy Wok-Charred Snow Peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 small dried red chiles
- 1 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed, chopped in 1-inch lengths
- Salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons roughly choppedcilantro
Put vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. When oil looks wavy, add chiles and let sizzle for a few seconds.
Add snow peas and scallions and season well with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables over high heat, stirring constantly, until cooked through and lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Peas should be bright green and crisp-tender.
Add garlic, ginger and sesame oil, toss well and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.