these tasty Passion fruits in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop : min. 9°C max. 11° C
- Ethylene sensitivity: moderate
- Ethylene sensitivity: high
- At home: up to 2 weeks in plastic foil in the fridge.
Quality and ripeness
- Green specimens are unripe. Ripe passion fruits are purple. The more wrinkly the sweeter!
- What are the product's sensitivities? Humid environment.
- Continues ripening at room temperature.
Cut the fruit through the middle and scoop out the flesh. Combines well with mango, strawberry, oysters, champaign, fruit salad or as a juice with pineapple or pomegranate. Ideal as a jelly or pie filling, decoration, etc.
Availability calendar Ester
Availability calendar Purple
|Out of season:
|Month in season:
special offer available
personalised packaging available by request
Recipe: Purple passion fruit and mango parfait
Purple passion fruit pulp (2 passion fruits )
2 cups of Greek yogurt
2 cups of granola
2 cups of chopped mango
Remove the pulp with a spoon and reserve.
In a cup, serve a layer of Yogurt, another layer of granola, a layer of purple passion fruit and another of mango.
Repeat until the cup is full.
Recipe: WHITE CHOCOLATE & PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE
- 2 1/2 cups Butter Snap biscuits (or any light coloured biscuit), crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 shredded coconut
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons gelatine, (dissolved in boiling water and allowed to cool slightly)
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- Mint to garnish
Using a spring form cake tin, 20cm, lightly grease and line with baking paper. In a bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, coconut, melted butter and coconut oil. Press into the tin so there is a thin layer at the bottom and around the sides. Freeze for 20-30 mins to set. Remove.
Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange zest with an electric mixer until smooth and combined. Add the white chocolate and cream. Stir in the gelatine (whilst warm and still dissolved but not boiling). Pour the cheesecake mixture into the base. Allow to set in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight. Once ready to serve, top with passionfruit pulp and a few sprigs of mint.