these tasty Nashi pears in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop: min 0°C – max 2°C
- Ethylene sensitivity: moderate
- Ethylene productivity: low
- At home: Up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator
Quality and ripeness
Ripe Chinese pears are hard like an apple. They are edible upon purchase.
The Chinese Pear, also known as Apple-Pear due to its apple-shape, is usually eaten raw and peeled like an apple. It is used as a sweet addition to many dishes in the Asian cuisine. The fresh taste resembles pear, pineapple and honey with an Asian touch. The fruit has a high water concentration which makes it less suitable for pies or jams.
The Nashi variety is round with a yellow-brown skin. The Ya variety is pear-shaped with a more white-brown skin. The Su variety has a greenish skin and its shape is in between that of an apple and a pear.
Availability calendar Nashi Pear
|Out of season:
|Month in season:
special offer available
personalised packaging available by request
Recipe: nashi pear
- 1 orange, ¼ cup juice and shredded rind
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper
- 2 nashi pears, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 smoked trout, deboned and skin removed
- 40g snow pea tendrils
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
Whisk orange juice, oil, salt and pepper in a jug until well combined. Add orange rind. Set aside.
Layer pear, avocado, trout, snow pea tendrils and walnuts on serving plates. Drizzle dressing over salads and serve.
recipe by mindfood.com