these tasty Physalisberrys in
your own packaging?
Would you like to discover what's possible?Contact us now
- In the shop: min. 7° C - max. 13° C
- Ethylene sensitivity: moderate
- Ethylene productivity: not
- At home: keep refrigerated or in a cool place. Will keep for at least a week at room temperature and up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Quality and ripeness
- The product must be clean and mould-free. When the fruit is ripe, it colours yellow/orange. Green physalis can ripen at room temperature.
- The product must be able to air (hence the basket packaging).
Physalis tastes bitter-sweet and has many applications:
- To decorate a dish
- In fruit salads
- Dip in chocolate and present as a whole
Did you know that...
- physalis is also referred to as the pineapple cherry or Cape Gooseberry?